Successfully conveying information is the ultimate goal for any brand, whether it is with internal emails or external blog posts. Think of all the written communication you encounter on a daily basis and consider the effects of incorrect word choice. Lucky for all of us, Grammarly is here to help marketers create the most impactful messaging possible.
Most marketers spend a huge portion of their day writing, whether they realize it or not. Emails, memos, pitch decks, creative briefs and the list goes on. Then you have all the writing that goes into content marketing, like blogs, infographics, social media posts and other types of owned content have become integral parts of the marketing mix for large and small brands alike. It has been reported that 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day.
Without a dedicated editor on staff, how do you proofread writing for misspellings, grammatical mistakes, punctuation errors, plagiarism pitfalls, and clarity to ensure your content is as effective as you need it to be? Enter Grammarly, a free piece of software that checks your grammar and overall writing, billed as “the world’s most accurate grammar checker.”
How Grammarly Works
Grammarly’s core product is a free web browser extension that works seamlessly with services like Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, WordPress, LinkedIn, and many more. It also offers an online text editor in which you can easily paste any copy to have it reviewed.
Grammarly’s algorithms will flag potential issues in the text and suggest context-specific change for grammar, spelling, and vocabulary. Grammarly also further explains the reason for each correction, so users can make an informed decision on whether, and how, to correct that issue.
The service claims it fixes over 250 types of grammatical mistakes and is powered by algorithms developed by the world’s leading authorities on linguistic technology.
The Importance of Writing for Marketers
“Content is king,” they say, and for a good reason. It has never been easier to create and distribute your content to further your brand’s awareness, cement your status as a subject matter expert, and engage customers throughout the marketing funnel. Here are some eye-opening content marketing statistics:
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about three times as many leads.
- 78% of Chief Marketing Officers believe custom content is the future of marketing.
- Content marketing drives higher conversion rates than other customer acquisition tactics.
- For every $1 spent on the channel, email marketing gives back upwards of $38 in return on investment.
- 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing.
Thanks to the fast-moving and innovative tech product world, Internet users now have a brand new weapon at their disposal to stave off unwanted ads: ad blockers. One of these products, AdBlock Plus, has over 200 million installs on its own. Therefore, producing original content that is valuable to a particular target market is even more of a necessity in today’s world.
How Marketers Can Use Grammarly
Eliminate errors. This is the “low hanging fruit” of any spell checker, but it is an absolute must. Whether you are writing an internal email or an infographic to be published in Forbes, the easiest way to instantly lose credibility and distract the reader is to have spelling, grammar, or punctuation mistakes that make it into the final version.
Expand your vocabulary. With a built-in synonym suggestion feature that is optimized for contextual analysis, you will be able to spruce up any piece of content with fresh words to keep the reader engaged and interested.
Publish more readable content. Many marketers overlook the concept of readability, which is not as cut-and-dry or easy to define as spelling errors and punctuation mistakes. Grammarly Premium offers a vocabulary enhancement feature that goes beyond pointing out mistakes by also making suggestions for writing that flows properly and makes the best use of word choices.
Double check for plagiarism. Also a Premium feature, Grammarly will compare your text to over 8 billion web pages and let you know if it finds any instances of similar copy.
Whether you are a blogger, a PR consultant, a salesperson, or a CEO, better writing through better proofreading is something everyone can get behind. Grammarly automates this process in a way that will undoubtedly increase your content output in both quality and quantity.
Pixel Perfect: Kairosoft Mini Pixel World
After unboxing your new mobile smartphone and being mesmerized by its glory, you’ll probably want to test its potential with the latest graphic-intensive games. Smartphones today are equipped with the best processors and graphics capabilities such that they can even be better than most hand-held gaming consoles. However, there are still a handful of gamers that are obsessed with 8-bit games despite this advancement in technology.
8-bit or pixel art games were initially used to display characters and levels in a manageable way for gaming consoles, arcades, and home computing titles of the 80s. Pixel art usage saw a rapid decline during the era of the launch of 3D-capable gaming consoles like the Sony PlayStation and Nintendo 64. They have since made a comeback, and many pixel-art titles have been released for Android and iPhone in recent years. Some games were inspired by the 80s dungeon crawlers, while others were pure addictive titles generously sprinkled with pixel dust. The extent of how pixel art is used now is different as it’s not retro, but it’s innovation, bringing new techniques and gaming style to modern gaming genres.
Founded in 1996, Japanese game developer Kairosoft (カイロソフト) are known for developing game titles with unique gameplay and distinctive pixelated art style. With the release of Game Dev Story on iOS and Android in 2010, Kairosoft became a large hit and reached the top ten in iPhone app sales during the first week. Since then, Kairosoft grew its roots in this niche market in the mobile gaming scene.
Here are some of the best 8-bit games by Kairosoft for your smartphone:
1) Game Dev Story (Last updated April 26, 2017): Game Dev Story is a simulation video game by Kairosoft that allows you to manage your game company with the goal of making hit titles and consoles in order to make money. It features the ability to manage the quality of games released by hiring staff, controlling the direction and speed of game development, and using items which provide additional boosts for workers or change their jobs.
2) Mega Mall Story (Last updated February 2, 2018): Mega Mall Story is a mall management simulation game that allows you to manage a small mall, which you can expand by adding new stores, building more floors, providing new modes of transportation, and making your customers happy. The aim of the game is to increase your establishment’s popularity to make money.
3) Anime Studio Story (Last updated November 10, 2016): Anime Studio Story is similar to the “Anime Studio Story” as a “Developer” style simulation game. In the game, you manage your own anime company to develop the best anime available in the market in an attempt to become the best anime company. Speaking of the company, you can equip it with a library or even a theater. You can also upgrade your staff to craft a classic that will echo through the generations.
4) Pool Slide Story (Last updated September 13, 2018): Pool Slide Story is a management game where you can create and manage a wonderful and dazzling water park. Expand your water park by adding exciting facilities to become the talk of the town. You’ll be spoiled for choice when comes to customizing your water park with a wide selection of attractions to build.
5) Home Run High (Last updated June 6, 2018): Home Run High is a management simulation game that places you in charge of a high school baseball team. It might be a small after-school club now, but with the right management, this team will climb to world-class standard. It features the ability to train your players, install batting cages and other facilities to make life better for the team.
6) The Ramen Sensei 2 (Last updated September 10, 2018): The Kairosoft’s Ramen Sensei 2 is a simulation game that allows you to start and manage your own ramen restaurant. In order to make the best ramen, you will need to create your own noodles and soup. New soups and noodles are unlocked as you progressed through the game. Win over customers at ramen festivals, which you can play together with friends and face off rivals at ramen arena contests and make your Ramen Hall prosper.
7) Dream Town Story (Last updated June 26, 2018): Town simulator games are a dime a dozen, and they all seem to follow the same cookie-cutter format. Dream Town Story is a town building simulation game that breaks the mold of the city-building genre by allowing you to build your town from scratch. You can build houses, shops, and lots of other facilitiesto make your town a vibrant, lovely place to live in. Once you settled into your town, you may also try co-op mode, which enables you to team up with other players to build towns together.
8) Dream House Days (Last updated June 5, 2018): Dream House Days is an apartment management simulation game, where you can furnish apartments, and slowly grow your property into a place anyone would be happy to live in. You play as both an architect and a landlord in this fanciful title, and it’s up to you to furnish your ideal apartment with anything from arcade games to saunas to convenience stores. As you rise up the rankings of real estate fame and you might reel in celebrity tenants, ranging from popular singers to soccer stars, making huge profits.
Lazada Birthday Festival: Celebrating 6 with Great Deals and More!
Lazada is taking this year’s Birthday Festival a level higher as they celebrate their 6th birthday in Singapore, starting 24 April, with discounts of up to 90% off with 600+ flash deals and up to $120 worth of vouchers.
What’s more, you can further stretch your budget by using code (6LAZBDAY) and Citi Credit Card at checkout during 24-26 April from 9 am daily to get $12 off with minimum spend of $100.
If you are unsure what to buy and wish to be surprised, you may also try out Lazada’s Surprise Boxes ($29/$49) which they have worked with 74 different brands to bring you specially-curated boxes. These boxes comes in limited quantity and are up for grabs for a limited time only. They also contain goodies worth more than $100.
Who is Lazada?
Lazada is an online shopping & selling platform in Southeast Asia that features more than 2,500 brands, serving 560 million consumers across Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Founded in 2012 by Rocket Internet, the e-commerce company aims to establish an Amazon.com business model within the region. They aim to achieve this by taking advantage of the untapped online consumer market and Amazon’s weak presence here.
In recent years, Lazada has grown to be a force not to reckon with as they get acquired by China’s Alibaba in 2016 as Alibaba expands into Southeast Asia with a US$1 billion Lazada deal. Subsequently, Alibaba also boosted its stake to 83 percent in 2017 with an additional investment of US$1 billion. Then, further investment of extra US$2 billion and tapping a top executive (Ms. Lucy Peng) to run the business. This move strengthened Alibaba’s vision of taking on rivals such as tech giant Amazon in the region. The latest funding will double Alibaba’s total investment in Lazada at US$4 billion which it said will “accelerate the growth plans” and help further tie the Lazada business into Alibaba’s core e-commerce service.
Lazada and Razer also announced this month the launch of a new digital game store on the online shopping platform, offering consumers access to thousands of digital games as well as reward customers with every purchase.
Gamevice – Making Your Phone A Portable Gaming Powerhouse
The mobile gaming market is growing and will expect to grow even further. With the improvement in technology, mobile devices are one of the most powerful handheld game systems you can buy today. They are capable of displaying rich details and bringing world-class gaming experience that outstrips what you can find on a Nintendo 3DS or PlayStation Vita.
With the growth of mobile gaming market, publishers are increasingly willing to develop more game titles for the eager players. Along with this, players are also progressively hungrier and more demanding for a better gaming experience. And they want the mobile gaming market to bridge the gap between them and the mainstream gaming market. But mobile devices are missing a critical aspect that a lot of gamers still crave: a physical gamepad with buttons and joysticks.
Gamevice is a holster that the mobile device snaps into, covering the left and right sides of its chassis. It is the next big thing that can easily transform your mobile devices into handheld gaming consoles. Rather than sliding your fingers across a glass surface, or swinging your phone around to steer a vehicle, you get a D-pad, buttons, analog sticks, and triggers, just like any controller on a gaming console.
- Advertising12 months ago
12 Digital Marketing Certifications You Can Get in 2017 / 2018
- IT Gadgets4 months ago
Top Picks: The Dehumidifier for the Modern Singapore Home
- Apps9 months ago
Gamevice – Making Your Phone A Portable Gaming Powerhouse
- Apps11 months ago
4 Reasons Why You Will Love Final Fantasy: The Awakening
- Advertising9 months ago
How Can You Use Quizzes to Generate Leads? – INTERACT
- IT Gadgets11 months ago
ErgoSilver : The Laptop Stand You’ve Been Waiting For
- Business10 months ago
Event Management Software Showdown: Cvent vs. Eventbrite vs. GEVME
- Content Marketing12 months ago
Why Should User Experience Be Your First Focus?