Role playing games (RPG) have managed to grow in popularity among the mobile gaming scene over the last couple of years. GAMEVIL, being one of the pioneers, is pretty much known for their creative Korean RPGs, and their latest addition is no exception. This November, GAMEVIL has officially launched Knight Slinger globally for App Store and Google Play.
Developed by COCOONBEAT, Knight Slinger is GAMEVIL’s latest addition to its ever-expanding arsenal of successful mobile game titles. Knight Slinger is a unique game that successfully marries slingshot gameplay and RPG elements, where players gather cute knightly characters from six different classes, varying rarities, and five elements.
The game is all about throwing allies or heroes across a vertical battlefield via a “drag-and-launch” combat system to take down your opponents. It brings casual, yet hardcore RPG elements to the gamers, while putting a nice spin on things to keep the gameplay engaging.
In addition to its highly accessible gameplay, the game features an alluring graphical style as well as endless team-building options. By combining these positive aspects, Knight Slinger appeals to a broad gaming audience.
For starters, Knight Slinger allows players to collect various allies through eggs received via battle or purchased with in-game currency. These allies are then used strategically on the battlefield, or purely as food to enhance another member of the team. Every character has a unique attribute assigned to them. Each attribute (light, dark, fire, water, and tree) provides various effects thanks to the circle (or pentagon in this case) of elements.
Currently, Knight Slinger allows players to control up to 500 characters across multiple game modes including real-time PVP. Its addictive gameplay, one-of- a-kind graphical style, deep customization options, and compelling RPG elements contribute to what will possibly be one of GAMEVIL’s greatest titles to date.
Knight Slinger Key Features
Summon Knights – Players can summon over five hundred characters with fixed rates, or use premium Starble currency for enhanced rates.
High-quality Graphics – Stunning effects and unparalleled 3D graphics.
“Drag-and-launch” Combat System – Hold and swipe the screen to launch attacks.
Level Knights – Improve the combat capabilities of units through Enhance, Evolve, Awakening, and Rune System.
Massively Entertaining Content – PvE and PvP challenges await in various arenas and dungeons.
Knight Slinger Exclusive Gameplay Trailer
Credits to: GAMEVIL Inc
Download Knight Slinger on App Store: bit.ly/KnightSlinger_Android
Download Knight Slinger on Google Play: KnightSlinger_AppStore
Like Knight Slinger on Facebook at facebook.com/KnightSlinger
Nexon’s MapleStory M: Nostalgic World of MapleStory on Mobile
MapleStory, launched in 2003, is a free-to-play 2D side-scrolling MMORPG where players can choose from many exciting job classes and explore different worlds within the Maple Universe. MapleStory M, on the other hand, is an all-new mobile adventure spinoff based on the original MapleStory. When launched in Korea in October 2016, MapleStory M quickly became the #1 ranked free game on both iOS and Android. Now, after its global debut, Nexon has announced that it has been downloaded over three million times, becoming one of the top games in 2018 on Google Play.
In MapleStory M, players can relive the same experience that they get from the original desktop franchise, through their mobile phones. Nexon did a great job of transferring the game’s interface onto a phone, making it more user-friendly and intuitive, without differing much from the original gameplay. In the game, players can quickly view and access the controls, menu, quests, chatroom, and health and magic indicators at any time, in or out of battle. Unlike the original MapleStory, where there are a large number of hotkeys attached to the game’s features which may pose a problem for new players. This easy accessibility and visibility of the in-game’s features is a significant improvement.
The game also features the original set of classes, The Explorers, at the same time, players can play and communicate in real-time with millions of players around the world. There are in-depth, immersive storylines, real-time events, and big boss raids. Players can also enjoy endless character customization through hair colors, fashionable items, and accessories.
Other special features of MapleStory M include Auto Quest and Auto Battle. Auto Quest is accessible as soon as players start the game. It allows players to send their characters on a mission to either obtain quests by engaging with NPCs (non-player characters) or fulfill the quest’s requirements like killing a certain number of golems or collecting a particular mob drop. This feature decreases the amount of time needed to fulfill tedious quests, and more time can be dedicated to hanging out with the guild or exploring the worlds. Auto Battle can be unlocked when the character reaches level 20. Every day, players will receive a free “2-Hour Charge” for Auto Battle, which allows the character to automatically attack and kill whatever mobs that are on the map. When Auto Battle is turned on, the character will automatically navigate within the map, attacking mobs, getting experience points, and consuming pots to maintain optimum health and magic points.
MapleStory M Key Features
Five Classes – Players can create up to five characters and choose among Dark Night, Night Lord, Bishop, Captain, or Bowmaster.
High-quality Graphics – Immersive effects and superb graphics.
Endless Customization – Create a unique appearance and style for your characters using accessories and outfits.
Party and Guild System – Explore dungeons and grow stronger with a party or by joining a guild.
Auto Quest and Auto Battle – Level up and complete quests via the in-game AI.
MapleStory M Trailer
Credits to: 넥슨 모바일
Pixel Perfect: Kairosoft Mini Pixel World
After unboxing your new mobile smartphone and being mesmerized by its glory, you’ll probably want to test its potential with the latest graphic-intensive games. Smartphones today are equipped with the best processors and graphics capabilities such that they can even be better than most hand-held gaming consoles. However, there are still a handful of gamers that are obsessed with 8-bit games despite this advancement in technology.
8-bit or pixel art games were initially used to display characters and levels in a manageable way for gaming consoles, arcades, and home computing titles of the 80s. Pixel art usage saw a rapid decline during the era of the launch of 3D-capable gaming consoles like the Sony PlayStation and Nintendo 64. They have since made a comeback, and many pixel-art titles have been released for Android and iPhone in recent years. Some games were inspired by the 80s dungeon crawlers, while others were pure addictive titles generously sprinkled with pixel dust. The extent of how pixel art is used now is different as it’s not retro, but it’s innovation, bringing new techniques and gaming style to modern gaming genres.
Founded in 1996, Japanese game developer Kairosoft (カイロソフト) are known for developing game titles with unique gameplay and distinctive pixelated art style. With the release of Game Dev Story on iOS and Android in 2010, Kairosoft became a large hit and reached the top ten in iPhone app sales during the first week. Since then, Kairosoft grew its roots in this niche market in the mobile gaming scene.
Here are some of the best 8-bit games by Kairosoft for your smartphone:
1) Game Dev Story (Last updated April 26, 2017): Game Dev Story is a simulation video game by Kairosoft that allows you to manage your game company with the goal of making hit titles and consoles in order to make money. It features the ability to manage the quality of games released by hiring staff, controlling the direction and speed of game development, and using items which provide additional boosts for workers or change their jobs.
2) Mega Mall Story (Last updated February 2, 2018): Mega Mall Story is a mall management simulation game that allows you to manage a small mall, which you can expand by adding new stores, building more floors, providing new modes of transportation, and making your customers happy. The aim of the game is to increase your establishment’s popularity to make money.
3) Anime Studio Story (Last updated November 10, 2016): Anime Studio Story is similar to the “Anime Studio Story” as a “Developer” style simulation game. In the game, you manage your own anime company to develop the best anime available in the market in an attempt to become the best anime company. Speaking of the company, you can equip it with a library or even a theater. You can also upgrade your staff to craft a classic that will echo through the generations.
4) Pool Slide Story (Last updated September 13, 2018): Pool Slide Story is a management game where you can create and manage a wonderful and dazzling water park. Expand your water park by adding exciting facilities to become the talk of the town. You’ll be spoiled for choice when comes to customizing your water park with a wide selection of attractions to build.
5) Home Run High (Last updated June 6, 2018): Home Run High is a management simulation game that places you in charge of a high school baseball team. It might be a small after-school club now, but with the right management, this team will climb to world-class standard. It features the ability to train your players, install batting cages and other facilities to make life better for the team.
6) The Ramen Sensei 2 (Last updated September 10, 2018): The Kairosoft’s Ramen Sensei 2 is a simulation game that allows you to start and manage your own ramen restaurant. In order to make the best ramen, you will need to create your own noodles and soup. New soups and noodles are unlocked as you progressed through the game. Win over customers at ramen festivals, which you can play together with friends and face off rivals at ramen arena contests and make your Ramen Hall prosper.
7) Dream Town Story (Last updated June 26, 2018): Town simulator games are a dime a dozen, and they all seem to follow the same cookie-cutter format. Dream Town Story is a town building simulation game that breaks the mold of the city-building genre by allowing you to build your town from scratch. You can build houses, shops, and lots of other facilitiesto make your town a vibrant, lovely place to live in. Once you settled into your town, you may also try co-op mode, which enables you to team up with other players to build towns together.
8) Dream House Days (Last updated June 5, 2018): Dream House Days is an apartment management simulation game, where you can furnish apartments, and slowly grow your property into a place anyone would be happy to live in. You play as both an architect and a landlord in this fanciful title, and it’s up to you to furnish your ideal apartment with anything from arcade games to saunas to convenience stores. As you rise up the rankings of real estate fame and you might reel in celebrity tenants, ranging from popular singers to soccer stars, making huge profits.
Lazada Birthday Festival: Celebrating 6 with Great Deals and More!
Lazada is taking this year’s Birthday Festival a level higher as they celebrate their 6th birthday in Singapore, starting 24 April, with discounts of up to 90% off with 600+ flash deals and up to $120 worth of vouchers.
What’s more, you can further stretch your budget by using code (6LAZBDAY) and Citi Credit Card at checkout during 24-26 April from 9 am daily to get $12 off with minimum spend of $100.
If you are unsure what to buy and wish to be surprised, you may also try out Lazada’s Surprise Boxes ($29/$49) which they have worked with 74 different brands to bring you specially-curated boxes. These boxes comes in limited quantity and are up for grabs for a limited time only. They also contain goodies worth more than $100.
Who is Lazada?
Lazada is an online shopping & selling platform in Southeast Asia that features more than 2,500 brands, serving 560 million consumers across Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Founded in 2012 by Rocket Internet, the e-commerce company aims to establish an Amazon.com business model within the region. They aim to achieve this by taking advantage of the untapped online consumer market and Amazon’s weak presence here.
In recent years, Lazada has grown to be a force not to reckon with as they get acquired by China’s Alibaba in 2016 as Alibaba expands into Southeast Asia with a US$1 billion Lazada deal. Subsequently, Alibaba also boosted its stake to 83 percent in 2017 with an additional investment of US$1 billion. Then, further investment of extra US$2 billion and tapping a top executive (Ms. Lucy Peng) to run the business. This move strengthened Alibaba’s vision of taking on rivals such as tech giant Amazon in the region. The latest funding will double Alibaba’s total investment in Lazada at US$4 billion which it said will “accelerate the growth plans” and help further tie the Lazada business into Alibaba’s core e-commerce service.
Lazada and Razer also announced this month the launch of a new digital game store on the online shopping platform, offering consumers access to thousands of digital games as well as reward customers with every purchase.
- IT Gadgets5 months ago
Top Picks: The Dehumidifier for the Modern Singapore Home
- Apps10 months ago
Gamevice – Making Your Phone A Portable Gaming Powerhouse
- Advertising10 months ago
How Can You Use Quizzes to Generate Leads? – INTERACT
- Business11 months ago
Event Management Software Showdown: Cvent vs. Eventbrite vs. GEVME
- IT Gadgets12 months ago
ErgoSilver : The Laptop Stand You’ve Been Waiting For
- Apps6 months ago
Lazada Birthday Festival: Celebrating 6 with Great Deals and More!
- IT Gadgets4 months ago
Quick Review: SAVFY® True Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Earbuds
- IT Gadgets4 months ago
Huawei P20 Pro: Three-Eyed Beast with Great Speed and Battery Life